* Wietse Venema <postfix-users@postfix.org>:
> Patrick Ben Koetter:
> > * Wietse Venema <postfix-users@postfix.org>:
> > > Wietse Venema:
> > >
> > > After starting work on postscreen by the middle of 2009, I soon
> > > realized that I might have to add some postscreen-policy interface
> > > for things that are too complex or that take too much time compared
> > > to a quick access map lookup. Perhaps the time has come.
> > >
> > > Basically this would be a very small subset of the SMTP server
> > > policy protocol with just the network 5-tuple (source/destination
> > > address/port, protocol, client concurrency), enough to do some
> > > simple reputation work.

Seems like you had fleshed out a simliar idea a few years before, too:
https://www.mail-archive.com/postfix-devel@postfix.org/msg00258.html

> > > Perhaps it also makes sense for postscreen to make a postscreen-policy
> > > call based on the information that it has collected with its dummy
> > > SMTP engine.
> >
> > That's great news! The reason Christian is using tcp tables is that there's
> > no
> > postscreen API to call external policy services at the moment. If there was
> > he/we would be eager to use that instead.
>
> Yes, I wanted the discussion to end on an optimistic note. Something to
> work on in the train.

I was just perusing the Change Log for the upcoming Postfix 3.3 release
looking for a note referring to a postscreen policy delegation protocol.

Did I miss the note? Did you loose interest? Missed the train? ;)

p@rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München