On 2018-01-19, Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 06:45:29PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> > That'd be magic.  How exactly is the command-line MTA supposed to
>> > get the mail "relayed" without connecting to a remote host?
>>
>> Let's not worry about how the command-line MTA works.  It has the same
>> usage as /usr/bin/sendmail and it works.  What I am asking for is an
>> SMTP relay server that will relay incoming my by invoking it.
>
> This is much less efficient than SMTP, so don't expect stellar
> performance.

No worries, I need to handle a couple messages per week.

> But sure, Postfix can deliver via an external program.
>
>    http://www.postfix.org/pipe.8.html
>
>     main.cf:
>       default_transport = mypipe:dummy
>
>     master.cf:
>       mypipe    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>         null_sender_replacement=
>         flags=q.
>         user=nobody
>         argv=/usr/local/sbin/myscript -f $sender -- $recipient
>
> Note that you to *either* include "." in the flags, or include "-i"
> in argv if the submission program does "SMTP transparency" (interprets
> leading dots on lines) by default.  Run the script as some dedicated
> user instead of "nobody" if possible but NOT as "postfix".

Ah!  That does look like what I've been trying to find.

Now that I know what to google for, this looks like it's close to what
I'm trying to do:

https://serverfault.com/questions/258469/how-to-configure-postfix-to-pipe-all-incoming-email-to-a-script

But, that example is set up so the pipe is only invoked for a
particular domain.

Thanks!

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I selected E5 ... but
                                  at               I didn't hear "Sam the Sham