On Sun, 28 Jan 2018, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

  When upgrading from an older postfix version, make sure the variables such as
  html_directory and readme_directory in /etc/postfix/main.cf point to the new
  location. These can also be fixed later, afterwards make sure to run:

     postfix set-permissions

Not surprisingly, that bit of advice does not always followed.

Viktor,

  It's been a very long time since I looked at that page and that advice
might well have been added since my last visit. I change the version number
in the build script and it Just Works.

  Thanks for pointing out that the maintainer does write to run the
set-permissions script.

Regards,

Rich