Hi

this is a strange error. I just had the chance to reinstall postfix from
latest snapshot source on a new centos 7 server.

When running postconf -n I was getting various errors relating to unused
parameters from mysql map configuration files. This is an example of the
message:

postconf: warning: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-domains.cf: unused
parameter: user=xxxxx

Such messages were repeated for various parameters. These same
configuration files work fine on another server (running the same
version of postfix). I realized it was something to do with the
compilation process. I have to admit that I never pay much attention to
the detailed output of the compilation as long as it ends in success,
but going back over the output I found several of these warnings:

extract_cfg.sh: line 74: m4: command not found

With this clue I noticed that extract_cfg.sh was not extracting all the
keywords that could be used in mysql map type configuration files due to
the fact I had forgotten to install m4.

I was wondering if it might be wise to make m4 a mandatory prerequisite,
without which compilation would fail.

John