Hi Wietse,

> On Mar 2, 2018, at 1:49 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
>
> Postscreen blocks sites based on:
>
> - Their reputation that hey don't send legitimate mail.
>  zen.spamhaus.org and bl.spamcop.net are examples of that.
>
> - Their behavior. The postscreen pregreet test is an example of that.
>
>    Wietse

Ok.  I am definitely making use of the zombie detection (pre-greeting, etc.),
but I also use the DNSRBL’s on postscreen.  I was under the possibly mistaken
impression that this was a bit more efficient instead of having a spam source
connect, possibly negotiate STARTTLS and then start a SMTP transaction and then
have it rejected based on smtpd restrictions.

Should I then continue to use postscreen for the zombie detection but then move
my DNSRBL entries to smtpd restrictions ?

Apologies for belabouring the point - I’m just not understanding.

Thanks,

- J