On Mar 13, 2018, at 02:35, Christian Schmidt
<christian.schm...@chemie.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> In addition, you could add the option "-o syslog_name=postfix-587" (or
> "25") to the corresponding entry in master.cf. This will make postfix
> "label" the logfile entries - and maybe enable your syslog service to
> direct them into separate files.

Labeling isn't the issue, I can already grep out the things I don't want, it's
just a lot do do whenever I want to get certain information out (just as one
example, I want to check for errors and warnings, but I *never* care about the
“does not resolve” warnings which will be 90% of the output looking for
warnings and errors if I don't specifically grep that out...

In fact, I may simply run a task to strip some things out of the logfiles and
put others into other files after the files roll over.

But I’ll take a look at rsyslogd first.

--
My main job is trying to come up with new and innovative and effective ways to
reject even more mail. I'm up to about 97% now.