On 7/30/2018 8:19 AM, Scappatura Rocco wrote:

> [...]

Setting "remote_header_rewrite_domain = domain.invalid" prevents
other software from rewriting the header once it leaves postfix, and
should make it clear that the domain is invalid even to
unsophisticated users.

Some users may confuse a missing domain as meaning @local.

> What is the difference simply explained?
>
> And, if I have well understood, it could be also a solution for my issue also
> to set:
>
> local_header_rewrite_clients = permit_mynetworks
>
> So that local generate emails will have header From: correctly rewritten,
> while email coming from outside will not have header From: rewritten..
>
> Correct?

Setting "local_header_rewrite_clients=permit_mynetworks" is the
default.

Note that if mail enters postfix multiple times, such as after a
content_filter or some other external process such as a spam filter,
the second trip through postfix will be from $mynetworks, causing
empty domains to be rewritten to the local domain.  That's another
good reason to use "remote_header_rewrite_domain = domain.invalid".

  -- Noel Jones