> On Nov 15, 2018, at 10:32 AM, J. Thomsen <l...@jth.net> wrote:
>
> 1) logging
>
> More informative logging of what is happening, when smtp is trying to
> establish a TLS connection
> using dane e.g. on dns lookups, TLSA lookups and the results

Please be more specific.  What exactly would you like to see logged,
perhaps with a suggested format.

See the posttls-finger(1) manpage, do any of the fine-grained
(-L logopts) logging features there do what you need?

   http://www.postfix.org/posttls-finger.1.html

http://www.postfix.org/FORWARD_SECRECY_README.html#status

> 2) problem with no ad flag when the resolver is querying an authoritative DNS
>
> In this case Postfix is running on the same server as the authoritative
> server and using it as a
> recursive resolver. I had to change the resolv.conf file to an external DNS,
> but for various reasons
> this will not work properly in all cases.

The simplest advice is split the authoritative and recursive services.
I have authoritative servicing the machine's public IP, and the recursive
servicing only 127.0.0.1 and ::1.  Separating authoritative and recursive
services is good for many reasons, not just Postfix's use of the AD bit.

> This issue should be solved, and at least be mentioned in the documentation
> for DANE, as it can be a showstopper.

Yes, a comprehensive DANE_README document is needed.

> 3) TLS SNI
>
> The documentation states, that there are no plans to implement SNI in the
> Postfix
> SMTP server.  Is this still valid?

No, SNI support is under development.

--