Not wanting to get in the way of the experts but this may help:

An oversimplified view of the transport map is it tells Postfix what line in master.cf to use for a given recipient domain (or full address).  There's only one transport map but it can have several lines for individual decisions.

Wietse's email told you to perform a command-line test to verify your transport map is setup correctly.  So do that first.

The definitions in master.cf tell Postfix where to listen and where to send the message.  So with an explicit transport mapping, using master.cf you provide explicit overrides to the defaults or global settings from main.cf.  So if the only "special" behavior you need for the exchange transport is no sasl:

exchange  unix -       -       n       -       -       smtp
 -o smtp_sender_dependent_authentication=no

Daniel