Hi,

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 1:42 PM Viktor Dukhovni
<postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
> > On Dec 14, 2018, at 4:27 PM, Allen Coates <znab...@cidercounty.org.uk>
> > wrote:
> >
> > I have a hunch that this is an excess count.
>
> It is not.

The issue was that I had one mail host with the parameter set to 5
while the one I checked did not have it set at all, resulting it being
set to the default of 50. I didn't expect that they were different.

I've reverted the one host back to the default. The original reason I
had set it in the first place was to try and control the amount of
email the bulk senders like constantcontact, mailchimp, etc, could
send at once, filling our queues with thousands of messages at once.
This does not appear to be that parameter :-)

Ideas for better throttling these bulk senders would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex