I am using postfix 3.1.4 on NetBSD 8.

I am trying the idea of setting up a mailing list for a fairly static
group of size not exceeding around 300, with postfix. I am doing this on a
VPS server and want a solution that is conservative on resource footprint,
hence considering doing it with MTA itself. [Please do comment whether
postfix is suitable for this purpose.]

I am able to get the basic aliases functionality, Reply-To header
modification etc. working fine.

I just need a recipe to restrict senders to the members of the mailing
list - only for the protected email id which is the list email id.

The search led me to the following write up in
/usr/share/examples/postfix/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README:

   In the general case you need two lookup tables: one table that lists
   destinations that need to be protected, and one table that lists domains
   that are allowed to send to the protected destinations.

    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
            check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/protected_destinations
            ...the usual stuff...

        smtpd_restriction_classes = insiders_only
        insiders_only = check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/insiders, reject

    /etc/postfix/protected_destinations:
        all@my.domain   insiders_only
        all@my.hostname insiders_only

    /etc/postfix/insiders:
        my.domain       OK  matches my.domain and subdomains
        another.domain  OK  matches another.domain and subdomains

I am unable to follow this example, particularly due to the ellipsis part.
Would appreciate if someone could elaborate this a bit further.

Mayuresh