Sure, I must suck at expressing myself as well. Not only had it been
left intact and moved into the conditional construct, it had still been
there without that in addition, thereby defeating the very purpose of
patching. Like I said, contrary to what I might seem, I'm no moron and
I've realized the mistake when You told me the behaviour didn't seem
like being patched in the first place. I've since then corrected my
patch, applied, compiled and packaged it, imaged it and am running it -
and it works. I'm grateful!