Hi Jeff,

This should be better off to dovecot's mailing list.
But just to get you started, this is the first thing that came to mind:

example:

for users in `doveadm user "*"`; do
        LOCALPART=${users%%@*}
        dsync -v -f -u $users backup maildir:/tmp/backup/$LOCALPART
        echo "Backup done for user: $users ..."
done

HTH