On 3/29/2019 5:04 AM, luckydog xf wrote:
Hi,

  I'm new to postfix, and I use postfix + dovecot, and I add MX/A/PTR.

  I use Mariadb as Dovecot passdb and Cyrus SASL Authentication.

 And I configure email client (MUA) and try to send email to another user in the same domain, it says,

"Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table"

 I can read literally this user does not exist on this machine. How can I solve this problem?

 I also read docs of postfix, which is quite difficult for me since I'm new to email field.

Postfix needs to know which domains it should handle, the valid users, and what postfix should do with that mail.

It sounds like all your users are stored in dovecot and not unix system users. Postfix calls this a virtual mailbox domain. Some docs for that can be found here:
http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html#virtual_mailbox

Other documents can be found here:

You'll probably want something like:
mydestination = localhost  (or set this empty)
virtual_mailbox_domains = {your domain name here}
virtual_mailbox_maps = {dovecot user database here}
virtual_transport = {dovecot delivery agent here}

You may also find one of the postfix books helpful, "The Book of Postfix" by Hildebrandt and Koetter; or "Postfix: The Definitive Guide" by Dent. Both are very old and won't cover new features, but the basic structure of postfix hasn't changed, and they're still useful for an overview of how things work.

  -- Noel Jones