> I would never do this. My rule is very simple, anything we accept gets
> delivered to the user. Anything we reject gets rejected during the SMTP
> transaction. If it is LEGITIMATE mail, the sender will see the rejection.
This simple rule ensures a timely notification of the sender if something is
wrong and I implement it like this, too.

@Brent:
If your users never (or very seldom) look into the spam folder or periodically
clear it without manually sorting it, all legitimate mail in the spam folder
will get lost without sender and recipient ever noticing.
If no spam folder is used but rejects, the sender will get notified and can try
to reach the recipient via some other communication channel.

At least in germany this has legal implications, too.
See for example this presenation (in german, sorry folks):
https://www.heinlein-support.de/vortrag/spam-quarantaene-und-tagging-der-grosse-irrtum