On 6/13/19 10:22 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
John Gateley:
Is there any reason the software upgrade would cause this behavior?
I can't think of one, but the timing is very coincidental.
There is no known problem with mail from Postfix ending up in
SPAM folders after a Postfix update. The problem is therefore
specific to something that you did or did not do.

It would be helpful if you could specify the changes that you made
in the process of rebuilding your server. For example changing the
IP address, hostname, or DNS can already have a major effect. So
can changes to Postfix configurations.

        Wietse
Thank you Wietse.

I changed the SPF record at the same time: the SPF record has two IP addresses in it, the second for a backup host that is not in use at this time, and I changed
that second IP address.

I did not change the hostname, or IP address or any other DNS record relating to
the mailserver.

The mail server was down for just over an hour during the upgrade: I shut down Postfix, checked the queue, moved the Maildirs off, upgraded, moved the maildirs
back, and then restarted Postfix.

During this period, there was about 30 minutes where Postfix was running
on the server, but refusing mail - it was a basic install of Postfix without my
configuration. Could this have done it?

Thank you very much

John