On 09.08.19 09:32, Enrico Morelli wrote:
I upgraded Debian from version 9 to 10 and consequently postfix 3.1.12
to 3.4.5. I'm checking log with multitail in real time and with the new
postfix version, I've a strange behavior. When the logs rotate, postfix
continues to write in the old file renamed mail.log.1 instead of the
new mail.log. I've to restart postfix to solve the problem.

I created a postfix file in logrotate.d, as the following, that worked
before the update:

/var/log/mail.info
/var/log/mail.warn
/var/log/mail.err
/var/log/mail.log {
        weekly
        missingok
        notifempty
        delaycompress
        compress
         create 640 root adm
        rotate 3650
        size 10M
}

Any suggestion?

those files are written by syslog server, and should be rotated in syslog,
not postfix logrotate config file. It's the one that causes syslog to reopen
log files when they are rotated.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.