Yes, I understand that if I'm pretending to be Dovecot that I should
talk like Dovecot or at least follow the protocol as documented in
Dovecot's Wiki. The protocol error in my implementation is already fixed.

It's just that Postfix never ever crashed on me before and I believe
that it should never crash, even when facing protocol errors in talking
to an "internal" service. Therefore I reported this issue with what I
consider as much information as possible to make it easy enough for you
to fix.

I take the patch at the bottom of your email as "this patch is included
in the next release" and thus consider this case closed.

Thank you.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus