On 10/22/2019 9:55 AM, Dominic Raferd wrote:
I would like to rewrite an old-style header in a locally-generated
mail (say by cron under Ubuntu 19.04 and earlier) e.g.
From: r...@streamingbats.co.uk (Cron Daemon)

to the new-style header e.g.
From: Cron Daemon <r...@streamingbats.co.uk>

It must be done before milters so that it can be signed by opendkim
milter after the header rewrite. canonical looks like the right tool
but the examples I have seen only show it working on an address not
the full header text.

I am using postfix 3.3. Apart from cron, the only other local source
of such old-style headers that I can find is postfix itself:
e.g. From: mailer-dae...@streamingbats.co.uk (Mail Delivery System)
- maybe more recent postfix releases use the new style?

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#header_from_format

  -- Noel Jones