Hi, i read this
http://www.postfix.org/OVERVIEW.html
which got me to this
http://www.postfix.org/smtpd.8.html

Then i got lost...

I am trying to diagnose the details of what smtpd does when a client
tries to connect to my postfix server, based on these 2 lines

Nov 21 09:00:15 mail5 postfix/smtpd[31265]: lost connection after CONNECT from
unknown[unknown]
Nov 21 09:00:15 mail5 postfix/smtpd[31265]: disconnect from unknown[unknown]

that PID 31265 was running along happily processing mail from one IP over port
25 cuz
that IP is in the mynetworks setting. Then those 2 lines and that pid is not
seen again.

Is the 1st line reporting the result of the HELO/EHLO command ?

thanks for any hints.

-ANGELO FAZZINA

ang...@uconn.edu
University of Connecticut,  ITS, SSG, Server Systems
860-486-9075