Hi Wesley, see my post on risk vs reward for background.

I left this out because it was getting too long, but it appears the big ESPs (Microsoft and Google for example) are curating. In other words, they are probably are working very very hard to avoid the perception of being cesspools of spam and throwaway accounts. That has uses for them (validating identity, mapping an identity to multiple devices and relationships), it is also positive for people not on those services if they maintain higher standards for identity and behavior than the internet at large; and if they don't then they run the risk of being perceived as cesspools of spam and throwaway accounts.

--

Fred Morris