Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I need smtp_sender_dependent_authentication because the upstream ISP will only accept incoming mails from the authenticated user.

The feature you suggest may not work on my scenario, because if I send email from user1 but authenticating with user2 (the default user), my ISP may reject that mail.

Gianni

Gianni Angelozzi:
[ Charset ISO-8859-15 converted... ]
Hi,

I've set up sieve vacation reply but my postfix setup is using
smtp_sasl_password_maps and smtp_sender_dependent_authentication.

The problem is that Sieve will send the reply with "from=<>" to prevent
bounces.

This means that Postfix has no way to authenticate to my ISP because it
doesn't find the sender entry on the sasl DB.

How can I use both features toghether?
Apparently, there is no empty_address_xxx_lookup_key feature for
xxx in smtp_sender_dependent_authentication or smtp_sasl_password_maps.

Do you really need smtp_sender_dependent_authentication?