Coy Hile also said:

> I haven't used mail systems that had, e.g. /var/mail
> on NFS in more than 20 years.

So NFS is a poor, outdated choice for mail storage in 2020 for a small/medium
enterprise?

What is the more common solution for networked storage? Does everyone simply
bite the bullet and invest in a SAN? What other options do we have?

True, mail delivery won't be postfix responsibility on larger platforms but the
this mailing list is full of relevant experience.