Hallo,

For as long as I can I remember, I have blocked connections purporting
to be my own domain/IP address using a postmapped file called
helo_checks.

This is checked AFTER permit_sasl_authenticated.

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
reject_non_fqdn_sender,
reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
permit_sasl_authenticated,
reject_sender_login_mismatch,
rejected_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch,
check_helo_access hash:/etc/postfix/helo_checks,
.
.
.
permit_mynetworks,
reject_unauth_destination,
a bunch more RBLs,
permit

Since upgrading to 2.11 yesterday (yes, I am on a path to move up
through debian versions), all mail coming in on
postfix/submission/smtpd is being rejected by the domain check in that
file, even though the user is sasl authenticated.

Can someone help me figure out why?

I can probably remove/comment the offending line and rely on other
rejection parameters, but it still rejects a significant of spam
attempts, so I'd prefer to keep it.

Many thanks.

Simon