I posted the note below Saturday but having seen no acknowledgement from
Wietse, wanted to make sure it wasn’t overlooked although it’s very minor.

To summarize what’s below, the default value of maillog_file_rotate_suffix is
%Y%M%d-%H%M%S which puts minutes where you expect month. It should be
%Y%m%d-%H%M%S.

And as I said, it’s technically not a bug because it works as documented but as
documented and as works is not what one would reasonably expect.

I’m running Postfix 3.5.1.

--
Larry Stone
lston...@stonejongleux.com