> On 10/06/2020, at 00:07, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>
> On 09.06.20 23:41, Nathan Ward wrote:
>> I am trying to figure out the best way to reject RCPT TO addresses with no
>> domain part - i.e. "RCPT TO: <test>" or similar. I do not want to rewrite
>> to $myhostname or $mydomain or similar.
>>
>> I am on postfix 2.10.
>
> put "reject_non_fqdn_recipient" into your smtpd_recipient_restrictions
> - if you want to deny everyone from doing that, put it before common
> permit_mynetworks
> and permit_sasl_authenticated

Hi - thanks for your reply. I have explored that option, as noted later in my
message - but I’d like to be able to accept email for user@gtld - where there
is no dot in the domain, but there is still a domain. I’ve not seen that today,
but, I would be surprised if people don’t start doing it at some point. Looks
like there’s a handful of ccTLDs with MX records, for example.

Is that likely to break for a lot of people - yes of course. I don’t want to be
one of the people who it breaks for :-)

--
Nathan Ward