Hi,

is there a way to throttle outgoing SMTP by destination IP?

My problem is that I send mails to
- domain1.com
- domain2.com
- domain3.com
which handle mails through
- mx.domain1.com
- mx.domain2.com
- mx.domain3.com
but when I start contacting them they easily complain with
"too many concurrent connections" because all the mx hosts
have been resolved to the same IP (well, IP pool, actually).
These domains (not under my control) are hosted on a provider
that has shared SMTP servers for all their customers and
I do not even have an easy way to enumerate the domains.

Can I let postfix realize that the connections are not
independent and that I want a parallelism limit for them?

Of course I want to keep high parallelism for all the other
normal domains.

Thanks.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it