Where are you installing Postfix? While I have yet to upgrade to Catalina
(10.15.x), I have done a test of 10.15.4 with no Postfix issues. My Postfix is
in /usr/local (built from source - no Homebrew or similar). MacOS upgrades
should not be touching /usr/local. I would only expect issues if you installed
it in the non-local part of /usr but you should not be able to install Postfix
there unless you turned off SIP (System Integrity Protection).

The various problems you are having suggest something very non-standard about
your configuration.

--
Larry Stone
lston...@stonejongleux.com