Stats Student:
> Hi, as a follow up to this question -
>
> 1) in addition to sending the messages to a script, is there a way to
> store the messages in a real mailstore ( Maildir ) ?

Add a recipient with virtual_alias_maps, sender_bcc_maps,
recipient_bcc_maps, etc., and use the existing local(8) or virtual(8)
delivery agent to deliver to a maildir.

> 2) can I return something from the script that would cause the message
> to get rejected, maybe even send a message back with an error code
>
> virtual_transport = mailstore
>
> mailstore  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>          flags=DRXhu user=vmail argv=/path/to/script ${recipient}

Don't do that. What you are proposing will produce backscatter,
i.e. Postfix accepts SPAM with a false sender address, and then
it sends a bounce message to some innocent person who did not send
you mail.