Hello all,

Please allow me to apologize in advance for any ignorance here…and also, I have
researched and am just not seeing the entire picture here.

My goal is to fully understand what is lost by using only self-signed certs on
my PF server.  Here’s what I think I know:

— The fact that the cert is self-signed really only impacts mail coming into
our organization from those who are outside the organization.
— Because the cert cannot be verified, only anonymous ciphers can be negotiated
between my server and the other side’s client.

I have to believe there are more considerations here which of course is why I
came to you all…

OK - please educate as required…and as always many thanks in advance...