On 31 Aug 2020, at 4:51, dave wrote:

Mail to my own domains is not permitted by default. This email from raspberry is sent to my own domain (the one I'm using on this list) and it fails the sender address domain not found and FQDN tests.

There is no relaying needed.

You could move those constraints to the smtpd_sender_restrictions list with a suitable check_sender_access map ahead of them to exempt the sloppy sender, with other controls later in smtpd_relay_restrictions, i.e. a check_sender_access map to explicitly deny relaying to the sloppy sender.

Or you could do proper submission with SASL AUTH and have a sane configuration.

--
Bill Cole
Not For Hire (currently)