On 10/29/20 7:33 AM, @lbutlr wrote:
Thank you, I will take a look at that. Spamass-milter is supposed to do this
with the -a flag which is missing from the config for some reason above, so I
will first add that flag and see if it works. Curious that it is coming up
infrequently, however, since all outbound mail is coming from dynamic pool
addresses except for the trickle of webmail.

spamass-milter was, for me, causing all sorts of issues; of the "it should do this,
but doesn't" kind.
project seems stale/non-responsive; tho, there _is_ this 'clean-up' notice:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=9788 promised

unless there's another source than
https://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/spamass-milt/spamass-milt/?sortby=date#dirlist,
 code hasn't been touched for ~ 6 yrs.

otoh, spamassassin-milter's dev is here/active, on list.
and has been _very_ helpful responsive to date.

it's clean code, an easy build from cmd line, and pkgs nicely (e.g., my own for
Fedora,
https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/pgfed/spamassassin-milter/fedora-32-x86_64/01723785-spamassassin-milter/)

and it works perfectly for my needs, with Postfix.

as you can tell, I'm a fan so far.

YMMV.