On 23/11/2020 16:34, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
Not to waste anyone's time, but I posted this on SA list and a Sophos site, but, came up with zip.
Not even a "do-dah".  Beyond "experiences"
any leads to general "how to: guides that work in practice?

SOHO system, on virtual machines.   Fairly recent versions. Running openSUSE
Leap 15.1.
Due to some recent malware (in attachments, obvious stuff) wanted to add AV scanning.   I
gather "Amavis-new" is the hot ticket these days,

I deal with Sophos products and would like to use their linux product to do the
scanning.   Seems to be precious little on how to do that.

Any experiences?
None with Sophos products on Linux. But I use amavis as content-filter and it in turns calls SA (which presumably you already know about) and ClamAV. ClamAV works well provided you add various 3rd-party signatures. I know of two tools to assist with these: https://github.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs and the newer https://github.com/rseichter/fangfrisch.