I'm revisiting blocking certain attachments.   A multi part question:
Implementation, logging, testing.

Seems the accepted way to do attachment blocking is something like this:

in /etc/postfix/main.cf  added, without quotes: "mime_header_checks =
regexp:/etc/postfix/block_attachments"

in /etc/postfix/block_attachments added, without quotes: "/name=[^>]*\.(1|2|3)/
DISCARD"

I have read some discussions on DISCARD and, for my purpose, it suits.  I
think.

Is the action logged anywhere?  I have not seen it. If not, can it be done?

Finally, I hope (if only to avoid further exposing my ignorance), what is a
simple way to test the workings, preferably with
actual messages that have been received?