Hullo

I’ve been running my email domain using postfix for most, possibly all of this
century. Recently, I’ve had to add in the SPF/DMARC capabilities, and postsrsd
to rewrite the return addresses of forwarded email. I do have a number of users
who forward using the Unix ~/.forward mechanism.  Recently, I noticed some
failures like this in maillog:

“”"
Jan 29 19:18:43 mercury postsrsd[425]: srs_forward: <""> not rewritten: No at
sign in sender address
“””

Upon inspection, comparing fields in emails that are forwarded with their
original forms, it looks to me like the issue is that postsrsd is being handed
“Message-id” fields, rather than “From:”, or “Reply-To:”, and for these
specific emails, there is no “Message-id:”.

Before I pollute the mailing list with all the gory details. Is this a
known/expected/ever seen behaviour?

I’m using postfix-3.4.10-1.fc30.x86_64

tia

Tim