On Fri, 5 Feb 2021, Wietse Venema wrote:
Postfix is a pipeline of processes; some processes transform addresses
before a message is queued (canonical_maps, virtual_alias_maps),
and some transform addresses in the delivery agent (alias_maps,
$HOME/.forward files). It is not practical for an SMTP daeamon to
predict what all those transformations will do without gaping
security holes like opensmtpd. ...