I ran into the sqlite locked database problem discussed in these threads:

https://marc.info/?l=postfix-users&m=160096626120296&w=2

https://marc.info/?l=postfix-users&m=151561295721906&w=2

The problem occurs (AFAICT) because the database file was shared with a spam
filter which was writing to the db.  But that raises the following question:
what is the right way to update a sqlite db used by postfix?  The only safe way
I can think of doing it is to actually shut down postifx, update the db, and
then start postfix back up again.  But that feels like an overly brutal
solution.  Is there a better way? Even a non-shared db needs to be updated now
and then.

I can guarantee that all writes will complete within a short time, so what I
would really like to do is to get postfix to issue a “PRAGMA busy_timeout = …”
command before doing the query, but I don’t want to have to rebuild postfix
from source in order to do this.  Is this possible?  How?

Thanks,
rg