> On 22 Feb 2021, at 17:27, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:
>
>> Post fix version 3.4.7. with Spamassassin.  While adding virus
>> scanning (clamav) noticed during testing
>> that any mail send from the postfix host does not get processed by
>> spamassassin.
>>
>> Postfix does accept it and passes it right thorough without any
>> indication it was passed through
>> spamd or clamd.
>
> Critical issue: what mechanisms are you using to integrate SpamAssassin
> and ClamAV?
>
>> Wondering how I can fix that.  That is, cause local mail to be
>> scanned.
>>
>> Quick look at master.cf and main.cf, nothing jumped out to bite me.
>
> If you are using Milters, you need to set non_smtpd_milters to get
> locally-submitted mail to be shown to them. If that's not the solution
> in your case (i.e. you're using the SMTP proxy or content_filter
> mechanisms) you need to explain your configuration.
>
> --
> Bill Cole

Thanks.  Sorry for the terse post.  Figured it was such an obvious
amateur error not much was needed.

Setting non_smtpd_milters did the trick for testing the virus scanner.  I
should have guessed that on my own.

The content filter (spamassassin) is not a hot item. but the relevant lines
from master.cf are:
. . .
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd -o
content_filter=spamassassin

. . .
spamassassin unix -     n        n       -       -       pipe
  flags=Rq user=spamfilter argv=/usr/local/bin/spamass.sh -e /usr/sbin/sendmail
-oi -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}
. . .

Hopefully that is enough.

joe a.