According to  Postfix SMTP Access Policy Delegation[1] "_time_limit" takes the format of

"transport_time_limit ($command_time_limit): The maximal amount of time the policy daemon is allowed to run before it is terminated. The transport is the service name of the master.cf entry for the policy daemon service."

Replicating the format on that page, my setup is:

 1 /etc/postfix/master.cf:
 2 policyd-spf  unix  -       n       n       -       0       spawn
 3  user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/policyd-spf
 4
 5 /etc/postfix/main.cf:
 6     smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
 7         ...
 8         reject_unauth_destination
 9         ...
10         check_policy_service unix:private/policyd-spf
11         ...
12     policyd-spf_time_limit = 3600

It looks to me like I am naming it all correctly, but I get:

postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/main.cf: unused parameter: policyd-spf_time_limit=3600

This is on Postfix 3.3 on RHEL8

What am I doing wrong here, or is this just because the name is a transportname_parameter construct?

Simon

Links:
------
[1] http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_POLICY_README.html