On 5/22/21 8:25 AM, Simon Wilson wrote:
What am I missing,as a commercial email verification service what are they
trying to validate?

Likely someone/somewhere submitted that^ email to a list, on your ... ahem ... "behalf".
Now, some client is using that list -- whether they originated it or bought it -- and is paying
'briteverify' to "clean" their lists.
So they send to your server, use your resource (aka, the postfix
accept/reject/bounce/etc) to check if it's valid, and "profit".

Personally, I consider email-verification services parasites -- and manage my
server accordingly.

Postfix provides a _great_ set of tools to reject what you wish at numerous
transaction stages.  Add to that option to firewall-off IP addresses -- and
enjoy the silence.

Not a choice/action everyone is willing/able to make.