Hey everyone! Problem solved! Ubuntu 20 has switched to nftables and even
though iptables is in place; nftables apparently rules -- so even if
iptables looks like everything is correct whatever nftables is doing will
cause you trouble if you don't know it's there. We discovered this about 10
minutes before Matus responded and mentioned it.

Thank you all for your help. This community is amazing. I appreciate all of
you!