On 30.07.21 23:09, Wietse Venema wrote:
> This is not needed. Postfix 3.0 and later log the AUTH failure AND
> the client IP address together:
>
>     postfix/smtpd[xxx]: disconnect from unknown[x.x.x.x] auth=0/1 commands=0/1
>
> This is logged even when AUTH is disabled (as it should be on port 25).
>
>       Wietse

Unfortunately, we cannot simply turn off AUTH on port 25, since we have
some unexperienced users (including their children) who would not simply
understand what we are asking for and what to do, if we tell them to use
the submission port.

We therefore would need to detect who is still using auth on port 25 to
give some individual support and have it fixed.

Is there a way to make postfix tell in the logs whether someone
authenticated on port 25 or 587?

regards

Hadmut