On 16/08/2021 10:21, Ken N wrote:
I was reading this blog posting:
https://www.alexblackie.com/articles/email-authenticity-dkim-spf-dmarc/

But I am confused that, what content should DKIM signature for?
The message body or headers? what headers should be signed?

The body is always included for signing. For headers: if you want the technical answer look at RFC6376, Section 5.4. If you use opendkim you don't need to worry; by default it signs based on the RFC's suggested headers (and the body), though for safety you should also set 'OversignHeaders From'.

Signing for more headers than suggested in the RFC may seem 'safer' but is more likely to cause FPs because the other headers can be changed legitimately by a relaying mail server.

And, in my opinion, using DKIM without DMARC is of limited value.