Hi all,

recently we were working on this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postfix/+bug/1885403.

For summarizing, when running posttls-finger, it attempts to connect
through private/tlsmgr, and unless the program is being run from
/var/spool/postfix, this fails and posttls-finger disables TLS in the
subsequent connection that it makes to the specified SMTP server:

root@impish-squid-postfix::/home/ubuntu# posttls-finger mx.dmz.tait.net.nz
posttls-finger: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or
directory
posttls-finger: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or
directory
posttls-finger: warning: problem talking to server private/tlsmgr: No such
file or directory
posttls-finger: warning: no entropy for TLS key generation: disabling TLS
support
posttls-finger: Connected to mx.dmz.tait.net.nz[114.23.142.178]:25
posttls-finger: < 220 mx.tait.net.nz ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu)
posttls-finger: > EHLO impish-squid-postfix.lxd
posttls-finger: < 250-mx.tait.net.nz
posttls-finger: < 250-PIPELINING
posttls-finger: < 250-SIZE 20480000
posttls-finger: < 250-STARTTLS
posttls-finger: < 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
posttls-finger: < 250-8BITMIME
posttls-finger: < 250-SMTPUTF8
posttls-finger: < 250 CHUNKING
posttls-finger: > QUIT
posttls-finger: < 221 2.0.0 Bye

After some researching (that you can see in the link above), we discover
that if we remove the -BSymbolic-functions from LDFLAGS when building, the
problem goes away. After this, we think that  something with the
exposure/rellocation of the folder for the servicename on the shared
library can be the origin of this behaviour. Please, could you take a look
at this?

In the meantime, we do the building without the flag starting from the
earlier affected version in Ubuntu (3.4.10) to the latest we're handling
(3.5.6) on Impish series.

Postfinger output can be found here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postfix/+bug/1885403/+attachment/5523252/+files/postfinger-output-3.5.6-Ubuntu_Impish.txt
.

Thanks in advance and thank you for your time reading this!

----
Miriam EspaƱa Acebal
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Sever Team
Canonical Ltd.