----- Message from John Stoffel <j...@stoffel.org> ---------
   Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 22:58:01 -0500
   From: John Stoffel <j...@stoffel.org>
Subject: Re: Logging silence
     To: si...@simonandkate.net
     Cc: John Stoffel <j...@stoffel.org>, postfix-users@postfix.org

"Simon" == Simon Wilson <si...@simonandkate.net> writes:

Simon> ----- Message from John Stoffel <j...@stoffel.org> ---------
Simon>    Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 21:37:12 -0500
Simon>    From: John Stoffel <j...@stoffel.org>
Simon> Subject: Re: Logging silence
Simon>      To: si...@simonandkate.net
Simon>      Cc: postfix-users@postfix.org

Simon>                         "Simon" == Simon Wilson <si...@simonandkate.net> writes:

Simon> I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here... :(
Simon> Multiple RedHat8 servers, Postfix configured on all of them for
Simon> internal network mail server (primarily server log updates,
Simon> etc. to admin).

Simon>     Have you restarted syslog (or syslog-ng, or rsyslog, etc) on the
Simon>     problematic server?

Simon> Yes, the server has been rebooted *many* times, and I have also
Simon> tried restarting rsyslog.

selinux running on there?  Is it impossible to just clone one of the
good systems and replace this problematic one?

Compare the installed packages between the systems, along with the
'systemctl' output to look for differences.

More details would help us help you.
John

I worked it out. journald.conf was set to MaxLevelStore=notice, so it wasn't just postfix not logging, just that was the symptom picked up.

I really was missing something obvious. Now I need to work back to see how / who changed that.

Thank you for support.

Simon
Simon Wilson