On 03.12.21 09:14, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:
I have strict helo checks:smtpd_helo_required = yes smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname, reject_invalid_helo_hostname, reject_unknown_helo_hostname
should be OK
now I have noticed mails being rejected: Helo command rejected: Host not found warning: hostname mail-eopbgr80085.outbound.protection.outlook.com does not resolve to address 40.107.8.85: Name or service not known
this is just a warning, not an error
full log here: https://paste.ofcode.org/GK7Rnau3etXZmUsV5CbE7L
what exactly happened?
postfix/smtpd: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-eopbgr80045.outbound.protection.outlook.com[40.107.8.45]: 450 4.7.1 <EUR04-VI1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com>: Helo command rejected: Host not found; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<EUR04-VI1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com> EUR04-VI1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com wasn't resolved at that time.
a) Are my settings too strict? b) was there temporary interruption in DNS resolution?
looks like that. % host EUR05-VI1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com EUR05-VI1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com has address 23.103.134.15 EUR05-VI1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com has IPv6 address 2a01:111:f400:7d00::200
c) or, is the domain really misconfigured?
-- Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [email protected] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address. Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu. BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease
