Hello.

I hope it is ok to forward this.
I have developed and released a postfix protocol graylisting
server that possibly could interest some people on this list.
I have the hope it proves worth its MTA :-)

The online manual ([2] below) should be enough (so note groff HTML
conversion is bad; the ball is ~127KB, the optimized binary
package is 44KB on a GNU libc Linux system).

Thanks, and ciao already here,

--- Forwarded from Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu> ---
[.]
Announcing the first release of S-postgray, a postfix[1] RFC 6647
graylisting policy server that aims in being fast and secure.
The manual should provide detailed information, it can also be
read online at [2].

I think this program is mature, and i do not expect a lot of
changes in the future.  It could be adjusted to run with other
SMTP servers (Exim[3] should work already if it is configured to
speak the postfix policy protocol, but has not been tested).
What should definitely change is the build system, it is
intermediate because of the SU tools used, those are part of the
S-nail MUA and so need to be "baked in".  Therefore:

  Either it builds, then it should run.  Or not.  :-)
  I have tested it on GNU and musl Linux, and on all BSDs.
  (Solaris needs some build system work, but should do, too.)

To build this software simply run "make install".  At the top of the
makefile there are some variables, they can be overwritten from the
command line:

   $ make DESTDIR=.xxx PREFIX=/usr LIBEXEC=sbin \
      VAL_STORE_PATH=/var/lib/postfix \
      install

This will build and install the binary under [.xxx]/usr/sbin, and the
default built-in path for database storage and the client/server
communication socket will be /var/lib/postfix.
There is a unit test ./s-postgray-test.sh (see README).

The files to download are

    https://ftp.sdaoden.eu/s-postgray-0.6.0.tar.gz
    https://ftp.sdaoden.eu/s-postgray-0.6.0.tar.gz.asc

They also exist in a XY-latest.* version, and are signed with my
OpenPGP key available on some OpenPGP key servers, my website
(also WKD), and my download area (ftp.sdaoden.eu/steffen.asc).

  stef...@sdaoden.eu  /  1883A0DD
  (EE19 E1C1 F2F7 054F 8D39  54D8 3089 64B5 1883 A0DD)

  [1] https://www.postfix.org
  [2] https://www.sdaoden.eu/code-postgray.html
  [3] http://www.exim.org

Have fun!