On Fri, Apr 01, 2022 at 12:48:57AM +1000, Nikolai Lusan <niko...@lusan.id.au>
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On Wed, 2022-03-30 at 17:35 +1100, raf wrote:
> >
> > Postfix picks up new certificates soon enough
> > (controlled by the max_idle and max_use parameters).
> >
> > Did you have smtpd_tls_chain_files set to an old
> > key/cert, as well as smtpd_tls_cert_file and
> > smtpd_tls_key_file set to the updated ones? Was that
> > the cause?
>
> The process I use to update my certificates uses rsync to overwrite the
> old certs/keys with the new ones. My thought process initially was that
> restarting postfix would have it pick up the new files - eventually by
> inspecting the relevant hash files I found copies of old certs in them
> ... hence rebuilding the hash files on update.
>
> - --
> Nikolai Lusan <niko...@lusan.id.au>

Thanks. It wouldn't have occurred to me to put
keys/certs in a hash database, but I've only got one at
a time. Checking the out-of-datedness of binary
database files is important. There might have been
warning messages in mail.log from postfix that it was
out of date. I've seen such a warning recently, but
I can't seem to produce one right now on my own server.
So maybe I'm imagining things.

cheers,
raf