Dnia 27.04.2022 o godz. 17:47:06 AndrewHardy pisze:

> I’m very interested in what options / solutions (if any) exist that allow
> you to use a passwordless approach to authenticating your users against
> imaps/pop3/smtps/submission services (tls encrypted of course)

To my knowledge, Thunderbird supports certificate-based authentication both
to imaps and smtps/submission. On the server side, you can probably configure
certificate-based authentication in most mail server software, in particular
in Postfix and Dovecot.

Although the above is based only on what I read in the docs, never used it
:)
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa