On 2022-05-01 00:09, Wietse Venema wrote:
Pau Amma:
On 2022-04-30 05:06, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 12:49:30AM +0000, Pau Amma wrote:
>
>> I finally got around to this, or rather to the half that didn't have a
>> mention of NO_IPV6. While there, I noticed a stray uppercase letter
>> elsewhere (2x) and fixed that as well. Patch (generated from
>> postfix-3.8-20220421) attached.
>
> The source file for IPV6_README is: proto/IPV6_README.html
>
>> +++ postfix-tmp/README_FILES/IPV6_README       2022-04-30 02:35:27.514645000
>> +0200
>
> This is a derived file, and the patch should be against the "proto"
> file.
>
>> +++ postfix-tmp/proto/INSTALL.html     2022-04-30 02:40:25.455297000 +0200
>
> THis is the only "INSTALL" file to edit.

Revised patch per above. While in proto/IPV6_README.html, I tweaked the
link text in one spot for better screenreader accessibility per
https://webaim.org/techniques/hypertext/#alpha_links. (Other links there or elsewhere in the documentation may need similar changes. Let me know
if you & WV want to do that yourselves.)

Thank you. I'm not familiar with 'screen reader tweaks'. Is this
for people with limited eye sight? I generally avoid many-word
links except in case of links to a heading.

People with vision impairment are indeed the main users of screenreading software, but I hear they also help some people as a workaround for dyslexia. And I suggested a longer link text because screenreaders sometimes (at the user's options) list links separately from running text, and a link that just says "below" would be hard to interpret in that case. Still, there is room for making the link text shorter than I suggested while still providing enough context. For example, "tips how to port Postfix IPv6 support" or "how to port Postfix IPv6 support" may be enough context. I don't know the audience for this document well enough to say.

--
#BlackLivesMatter #TransWomenAreWomen #AccessibilityMatters #StandWithUkrainians
English: he/him/his (singular they/them/their/theirs OK)